Top five reasons to visit Montenegro
22 Mar, 2011
Montenegro, attractive and Europe’s popular tourist destination, is a quaint country located in Europe.
The country is located near Serbia, Croatia, Albania and Kosovo. The major of the country is composed of highlands, old Montenegro, old Herzegovina and the Bay of Kotor. Montenegro is characterized by its rugged European mountains, river valleys and long coast, which is facing the Adriatic Sea and a common venue for a good sailing.
Here are the five top reasons why you and your family should plan a trip to Montenegro:
- Montenegro has beautiful pebbly and sandy beaches, crystal clear aquamarine waters of Adriatic Sea, breathtaking mountains, rivers and lakes, and fun-filled small cities surrounded with ancient weather beaten walls and old towers.
- The country is rich with eventual history carefully preserved by people. Most of the cities here are old, and within the walking distance you can find the ancient monasteries and churches with the state-of-art frescoes, houses and walls built long before Columbus was born, and small museums with ancient Roman and Greek artifacts.
- For such charming small country, there are many sites to visit. The major tourist destinations are Budva, Sveti, Stefan, Kotor, Tivat, Herceg Novi and Ulcin. The capital of the country, Podgorica is located in the central region of Montenegro. People here in the country are warm and hospitable, attentive and willing to help you anywhere to go anytime.
- No matter where you want to stay, you’ll be surely fascinated by this country, the rustic countryside and its people. You’ll surely fall in love with the beaches and long to come again soon. Montenegro is taking up the tourist’s list year by year. So, visit the country to see the land in its untouched beauty.
- There are a lot of places in Montenegro to visit. The Skadar Lake, the largest lake in the Balkans, the mountain reserve and the national park of Durmitor, the Tara River which is the second largest river in the world, the National Park Biogradska Gora and a lot more that fascinates the tourists most and make their vacation one of the most adventurous holidays.
Thus, this summer try a new destination by visiting Montenegro. Enjoy the crystal clear waters of Adriatic Sea, beautiful mountains, miles of beaches and endless activities to get involved in.
Hire a car in Montenegro to move about the places and enjoy country at its best.