Even if you are not a pro, you can develop your own fantastic garden or do your own landscape. It's not as difficult as it seems provided you avoid some common and bad landscaping mistakes and ideas. Here are the most common landscaping mistakes and ideas:
1. Overcrowding: When plants are small, even a 2-foot space between them seems like a lot. Most folks tend to buy more plants and reduce the space between plants because they don't like the barren spaces. Well, guess what happens in a couple of years? Plants grow and pretty soon they start elbowing each and push into unwanted directions.
If the empty space bothers you, place some small potted plants in between – the kind you can remove later.
2. All-Season: The time of the year when you visit the plant nursery is important. Folks tend to choose plants that look good. But remember, these plants are probably looking good at that particular time of the year; what about the rest of the year? So always pick a mix so you have something worth looking at throughout the year – evergreen shrubs and trees with interesting bark, perennial grasses is another good example – these turn into lovely straw-coloured feathers in winter.
3. Maintain Focus: If you want to create sitting space, place a few garden chairs in front of a table and looking towards the garden. Don't overdo it by adding reading lamps or rugs and stuff. The star attraction has to be the garden and not your sitting space.
4. Colour Scheme: When you’re planning a colour scheme for your landscape or garden, choose no more than 3 or 4 colours. Blue, silver, green and purple plants harmonise beautifully. Too many colours will cause the viewer to lose focus.
5. The view from within is just as important: When planning your Lawn or Gardening Businesses For Sale, don't just plan it from the front like most people do. Stand inside your house, open a window and look out. Now imaging your garden. What’s the view through your window?
Your garden should not look good from just one or two particular angles. With a little planning and Imagination, you can make it look beautiful from all angles.
6. Compliment everything: When installing a deck, imagine how it will look with your garden or landscape. The colour of your outdoor deck, the path to the house, colour of your roof, door etc. should all complement each other in a way that allow the plants to steal the show. For example, laying the path with bright coloured tiles will highlight the path rather than the plants. A grey tiled or pebbled path on the other hand, will highlight the plants surrounding it.
7. Match pots carefully: Pots are like fashion accessories in your garden. Grouping mismatched pots or pots of different styles will have a jarring effect.
8. Variety is the key to a good landscape: Most folks tend to concentrate only on flowering plants while ignoring plants with unique leaf textures or shape and colour. It is these latter types that will add beauty to your garden during the non-flowering season.
Yes, there's more to landscaping and gardening than you imagined. No doubt with patience and planning you can get it right but if you really want to get it right the first time, hire the professionals and none come better recommended than author link.