Personal qualities go a long way in influencing the success rate of an individual in a fast paced society and a meticulously competitive corporate environment. The only way to taste the ladder of professional career growth is by possessing the requisite skills that are needed for the desired organization in today’s world. This article examines few of those tactics:
• Improving your employer’s ROI on you: It is a well-known fact that employee’s getpaid to produce results. The employer expects that an employee be at par, best or outperform the established objective in their position. The employer expects to get a higher return than the salary he/she invests on the employee. In other word he/she expects a higher return on investment (ROI). It is important to work hard in everything to deliver a higher ROI to the company.
• Professional development: Another common career challenges is professional development. Learning never finishes. Therefore it is important to continuously invest in professional development that is professional associations, training programs, certifications, education, the likes and reading professional literature. This helps you to stay a step above the competition and stay up-to-date with the modern advancements in your field. It is important to set aside an annual budget for your professional growth and development.
• Challenge yourself: Top professionals constantly discover and experiment themselves, pushing the standard bar to achieve more every time. If you are getting 100% results try boosting yourself to 110% results by constantly challenging yourself to accomplish more each time.
• Network, network, and network: Building network is the most integral part to achieve a career growth. Knowing the right people in and out of the organization can bring wonders to your career. If you need a mentor to guide you, opt for a mentor that can create a difference in your career.
• Become a better leader: The corporate world believes in leadership abilities like no other. Irrespective of your profession or title you should be able to show your leadership skills and be able to answer problem solving interview questions as well. Be practical and develop your leadership skills.
• Follow professional ethics: Qualities like reliability, punctuality, positive attitude, precision and punctuality are always valuable. The stronger your professional ethics are, the more successful your professional career will be.
• Love all, serve all: Try volunteering on community initiatives, projects, internal committees and company presentations. Take on few extra tasks. The reward for such services will go beyond professional frontier. The stronger your marketing professional services are more wonders it could do for your career.
Joy Dsouza loves to write about professional career growth and the skills required building a strong career in an organization.