Ingrown hair, also known as razor bumps, is most often a result of shaving when hair gets trapped inside the follicle and grows back into the skin. This can be quite unattractive especially for women, and even painful. Not taking caring of this can result in permanent scarring, swelling and some redness.
Here are some simple techniques that you can use to treat and prevent in growth of hairs –
1. While there are a number of products, lotions and creams available in the market which claim to have the key to the treatment of ingrown hair, it is not always the case. Most dermatologists will ask you to use Salicylic acid which is an active substance, to help cure your problem. This substance is known to effectively exfoliate and clear your pores along with providing it with moisturizing properties and prevent it from infections. It is strongly recommended that you use a product that contains Salicylic acid right after you shave your legs or hands.
2. The shaving cream you use must also contain properties which help prevent any form of in growth. Using non-acnegenic shaving cream developed for sensitive skin types is ideal for most women. Make sure the cream is foam based and consists of sufficient lubricating agents that ensure that your skin does not get dry or you don’t experience any irritation.
3. Using products that contain alcohol can worsen the situation by closing your pores and making your skin dry.
4. Men can consider using a brush with a soft bristle along with a liquid cleanser on the beard area in a circular motion to dislocate the heads of any in growth, get rid of dead skin cells and clear follicles. This will help provide room for unhindered growth for your facial hair.
5. You can enhance the quality of your skin’s surface by using exfoliating agents that help remove dead layers of skin and open up your pores. You can also use gentle face scrubs that contain salicylic and/or glycolic acid to good results.
6. The way you shave, also plays an influential role in whether or not your skin receives any ingrown hair. Avoid shaving closely, since hair stubs that are cut very closely tend to get trapped inside the follicle and end up digging sideways or inwards. While men can pass of the look as a “shadow” look, as a woman, you would want your legs to look clean and perfect at all times.
7. You can try to get rid of your razor bumps by trying to lift out the ingrown end with the use of tweezers. Remember not to pluck the hair out since it will result in a deeper re-growth.
8. To reduce the redness and swelling use products which contain azulene and allanatoin.
The easiest way to avoid receiving razor bumps is by considering alternative and more long-term techniques such as laser hair removal. This method of hair removal is extremely effective, pain free and a onetime affair. Save yourself the trouble and visit your dermatologist today for recommendations.
Our expert advised you about the rise of oral problems, dental health, laser hair removal Vancouver and how can they deal with them with ease to one’s self.